“To promote the healing of child abuse victims – one child at a time.”
Bearing in mind the best interest of each individual child, the vision of Paluxy River Children’s Advocacy Center is to reduce the trauma to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members and to work toward improving the justice system’s response to child abuse by uniting the efforts of public agencies and enlisting community support.
1. To provide a child friendly environment where children who are alleged victims of sexual abuse, severe physical abuse or witnesses to a crime may be interviewed.
2. To minimize the trauma of child abuse victims by reducing the number of interviews with the child;
3. To coordinate a multidisciplinary team approach among the agencies involved in the prevention, investigation and prosecution of child abuse;
4. To support the proper investigation of child abuse cases;
5. To provide referrals for services to abused children and non-offending family members to appropriate counseling and other services within the community;
6. To support the prosecution and conviction of those responsible for the abuse, when appropriate;
7. To coordinate and cooperate with other child-oriented agencies in the community in order to provide services to abused children and non-offending family members.
8. To involve the entire community in education and prevention programs regarding all aspects of child abuse.