Invite Us to Speak
Small victims need BIG friends.
We would love the opportunity to come and talk to your group, church or school at no cost to you.
We have presentations for all age groups on a number of topics:
• Child abuse
• Child abuse prevention
• How child abuse relates to you
• Ways to recognize abuse – It is not always as obvious as a bruise
Our purpose at the CAC is to promote the healing of child abuse victims – one child at a time.
Child abuse does not have to be a topic that is feared. CAC has various ways to make prevention
and awareness fun, so both children and adults can understand.
Interested in having us talk to your group? Contact email@example.com
Paluxy River Children’s Advocacy Center provides the following programs for PTA’S,
Teachers, Churches, Civic and Professional Organizations:
• Happy Bear teaches children about welcome and unwelcome touches (hugging, hitting, or pushing), who to tell, and how to get out of a situation when they are getting an unwelcome touch.
P. S. It’s My Body
• Recognizing and avoiding people, situations and decisions that threatens a child’s personal safety
• Establishing personal boundaries that no one, not even a relative, should ever cross
• How to report abuse or attempted abuse to trusted adults
• Trusting and following their instincts about people and situations
You Are Not Alone (Video)
• You Are Not Alone training video was designed to teach them about the basics of personal safety in both the real and virtual world including what makes for a safe home, how to identify an inappropriate touch to their body, who to talk to if something happens to them or someone they care about, and the dangers of sharing personal information online through social media or cell phones.
Cyber bullying and Online Safety
• This presentation teaches kids about cyber bullying, online safety and sexting. It also discusses the legal issues, emotional effects and consequences that these things can cause. The presentation also touches on sexual abuse statistics, and what to do if you suspect someone is being abused.
It’s Not Just Jenna
• A video of a family recounting their experience with sexual abuse and the recovery process will be shown and a discussion on grooming techniques, abuse indicators, and how to respond will follow the video.
Stewards of Children
• A revolutionary prevention training program developed for youth organizations. It is designed to
educate adults to prevent, recognize, and responsibly react to child sexual abuse. Stewards of Children equip and empower adults to keep children safe.
Keeping Your Children Safe in the Real and Virtual World (Video)
• The Keeping Your Children Safe in the Real and Virtual World training video helps parents and interested community members understand the realities of child abuse, empower them with the language and tools needed to talk with children about personal safety, and explain the types of policies that should be in place in any child-serving organization.
Recognizing and Reporting
• This training is designed to allow one or more members of an organization to receive training and consultation on teaching Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse to the staff of their respective organization. Utilizing a video-based format, this presentation will educate child-serving professionals on the basic issues of child abuse and increase the knowledge of the following:
1. The realities of child abuse detailing who become victims of child abuse, who the likely perpetrators are, and the prevalence of abuse in all communities
2. The legal definitions of child abuse, assuring that those in the community can recognize abusive situations as determined by law
3. Policies within child-serving organizations that need to exist to prohibit the potential for abuse
4. Signs and symptoms of physical, sexual, and mental abuse, as well as neglect
5. How to communicate with a child who makes a disclosure
6. How to make a report and how to overcome one’s fears/barriers around reporting
7. What an advocacy center does and its unique role in the community